Thursday, July 19, 2007

Catching-Up with the Webers

It was brought to my attention yesterday that we have interviewed 35 people as of last night. While this is a reason to celebrate as PTP builds towards its goal of 200 interviews for the summer, it creates a bit of problem for myself individually. As some of you may know, I am editing the majority of the interviews captured on video so that they can be placed on Jobing.com. As of today, I have completed 11 of these videos and admitted to Brett's mother, Kelly, that I will pretty much be playing catch-up for the majority of this 3 month journey. Sweet, right? So, if I don't post on this blog of ours for a long while, you'll all know exactly what I'm up to.

As a result, the booking of Class Project concerts has once again taken a back seat to my PTP obligations. It happens. On the bright side, we recently acquired Final Cut Pro which will take the place of the user friendly, yet efficiency-recenting iMovie. This will cut my editing time down significantly, but not so incredibly that I'll be able to finsih the ever-growing to-do list. Which I haven't had time to make.

Al is not lost. Last night Noah and I caught up with our best friend Dan (aka D-Web) and his parents for dinner at their lovely home in Santa Rosa, CA. I hadn't seen the Weber clan since graduation. Dan's girlfriend, and our long-time source for home-cooked meals in college, Kristy, made a short, but jubilant appearance. She's always in such a good mood. It used to raise my suspicions, but I've learned to love it. Dan's parents, Tom and Susan, were incredibly happy to see us and prepared us a wonderful feast of tri-tip, the best potatoes I've ever had, salad, and some of that famous Sonoma County wine. We ate outside on the wooden deck in their backyard and updated them on our travels, what we have learned so far, the ridiculous experiences we've had and our hopes for where we want to take PTP and Class Project both. It was perfect. After dinner, I explained to Susan that I had been feeling a little down in the past couple of days due to the overwelming amount of love and support that I had received at the Class Project Benefit Party, which my parents had thrown for us the previous Saturday. Of course it was uplifiting at the time, but I had found my heart sinking in the days following. I told her that dinner with the Webers had really helped bring me back to feeling normal again. She smiled her warm little smile and hugged me. We finished the evening by watching a live performance of Carlos Santana and Eric Clapton on Tom's entertainment center, which he obviously takes a lot of pride in. I would to. It looked and sounded amazing! I could see where Dan's love of sound and electronics came from. We thanked the Webers for their warmth and hospitality and D dropped us off back at Brett's house, where we watched a Tivo'd episode of House M.D. and passed out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your family is in your heart, my boy. We are with you wherever you go. XXX000 Momma