Saturday, September 15, 2007

Gettin' Cultured and Stuff.

Benevolent brother Phil got the PTP boys complementary tickets to Spelling Bee, for which we are eternally and culturally grateful. We attempted, after the delightful matinee, to extend our cultural ambitions, to the Whitney's Psychedelic exhibit, but only made it as far as the line around the block. We then gave up, as any good group knows how to do, and strolled through Central Park.

 

I sit in Philip's apartment readying for dinner as Philip furiously mulls a spreadsheet. I think he is passionate about his job, or else he probably would have quit long ago. I know not one other person who works as much as he does. Furthermore, in the vein of our adventures, Philip is one of those people who fall off the PTP radar, because often people love their jobs and just don't want to talk about it in front of a camera. I respect that. I love my job and really don't feel the need to discuss it. Luckily, there is a countless multitude that is happy to brag of their happiness.

 

We went out in the east village last night, which reminded me that I never see any part of this city below 40th street. Not that I complain, but apparently there is an entirely separate world below the aforementioned thoroughfare. It was fun. I felt cool, which can be a feeling hard to come by in the city of hipsters. Perhaps, as noted in the previous post, I feel cool because I'm skinny, or lithe.

 

We learned today that Good Morning New York, on the highly rated yet continuingly despicable FOX Network, will be running a two-part PTP segment Monday and Tuesday morning. This is about as exciting as a root canal save the 24-hour RV parking we are getting by the FOX studios near Times Square. I love FOX. Rupert Murdoch is doing great things for the news, and America in general. Really, I'm not being sarcastic at all.

 

xoxo

No comments: