Friday, September 7, 2007

'Lidneatitus.'

1. Niagara Falls is everything it is supposed to be, and far more misty than I had (never) imagined. We stayed with Jay's grandparents on Grand Island,10 minutes from the falls. Buffalo, a true workin' man's city. The word grimy comes to mind, and grimy I respect. The whole time I was there I had this nagging voice in my head telling me to forget my dreams and get a job down at the mill like pop. Then I remembered the mill moved to Brazil.

 

2. Canada,

 

            What's up with the Space Needle rip-off? That's all you got? Build a huge statue of Paul Bunyon to solidify your unoriginality. And build more strip clubs as you obviously need more of those.

 

Cheers,

Noah

 

3. New York towns are hilarious. I will not disrespectfully make some up here, but they are great. Reminiscent of, and a shining tribute to, whatever happy populations of natives, later decimated by the new Americans, that once roamed these fine lands.

 

4. We are large front-page news in Syracuse's daily and the tri-weekly University of Buffalo Spectrum. Take that how you will, but remember we're at war.

 

5. Syracuse was good to us. The RV broke. With the serpentine belt goes the power steering and power breaks. I have a few questions about this, as my father did not teach me how to raise the hood of an automobile. Who the hell is using a pulley system with one belt to run multiple, vital components of the car? That's like replacing your lungs, kidneys and pancreas with some sort of super-organ that functions in all their stead. This organ will be called the 'Lidneas.' Or the 'Pungy.' Isn't there an applicable saying about eggs and baskets?

 

After a night at a bar where you flip a coin with the bartender to possibly win a drink, the PTP crew and some of the sisters of Alpha Chi Omega took a scenic walk through the Syracuse campus. We got back to Mark's Service Center at 3:30 AM, and I woke to the sounds of pit row at 7:30. Imagine waking up in a auto-shop. Mark, of Mark's, was incredibly hospitable, allowing us working space and even cooking lunch. We had the newspaper come there. He also hooked us up on four hours of labor, so, that was real nice.

 

Last night Class Project did something. I'm not sure the word concert applies unless there are more than 15 people there, which is meant as no disrespect to the 10, who Jenna brought (Jenna: One of many highly motivated coworkers from the venerable institution that is Club Rancho Sahuarita, who hosted us with her sassy and oft-humorous roommate Julia). Not a concert? A listening? The recital was fun, and if that is a bad as it gets, I love this business. Jenna's friends, plus the two random dudes who kept buying shots, were vary supportive.

 

Check your pulleys, maybe even those of a friend, and drive safe out there, And don't flip coins for beers because, for some reason, you start to get really mad when you actually have to pay for the beer you ordered. And stay off the grass in front of the Hall of Languages, which I think is Modern Language with way cooler people.

 

Off to Boston, which yesterday I learned I cannot place accurately on a map. xoxo

 

No comments: