Wednesday, September 26, 2007

You Boys Ain't from Around Here, Is Ya?

I write from the campus of Duke University, where one student told us, "Here, 90% of the kids are pre-med, and the other half are engineers." I love that math. We are spending the day studying the apathy of the private university student. After this, we are going to UNC to holler at some folk. Actually, I don't know what that means, but it sounds southern.

 

I love how everything said in a southern accent sounds either sexual, or sickeningly sweet. Example: young girl talking about economics = totally sexual. Employees of the campus store giving their approval to Charlotte Church's new baby = sickening. It leaves me wonder, is there any way to get angry in a southern accent. We hope to not find out.

 

We spent the night at Jay's aunt and uncle's house in Virginia Beach last night. There, we received the exciting news that we (Jay, myself) will be returning to Tucson for 5 days to do a concert at the Beta Theta Pi house on Oct 6th. We will be in Tucson from Oct. 4th through the 9th. We're really excited as it is a decent paying gig. Make plans accordingly.

 

The first person I saw in North Carolina was a white man in a cutoff t-shirt that said 'Good Ol' Boy.' If that's not funny, I don't know what is. To those who 'ain't from around wherever you may be', we salute you.

 

xoxo

No comments: