Monday, September 24, 2007

The War of Northern Aggression.

Driving from D.C. to Virginia I'm impressed with how easy it is to get lost.  C street turns to D street runs into a forbidding monument-esque building that seems to offer no direction, save a circle that leads back to nowhere. Also, Washington/Virginia/Maryland: there should never exist a six-lane  highway with a 35 mph speed limit.

 

Dean and Judy were incredibly welcoming to the PTP crew, providing everything we could possibly need. Honestly, I have no interest in leaving. Zach and I stayed in Virginia for most of the last four days, while Jay and Brett shacked up in DC with our friend Shurid Sen. I have eaten more real meals in the last 72 hours than in the last 6 years. The entire family forewent synagogue for a 3:45 showing of 3:10 to Yuma. I was happy about the decision. We then broke fast at 6:30, and went to DC for a night of barring.

 

Zach and I spent a considerable amount of time with a grown Anna Rose Pollock, who is wonderful. We also had a Sunday brunch with the Zweig family (Sherry, Max, Becca, Val, Brandy), to whom I believe myself vaguely related. It was really quite lovely, and we took some vague-family pictures. Zach and I returned to VA and Dean took us to play nine holes. It was a wonderful day.

 

We just finished driving through DC in the RV, taking plenty of cheesy video along the way. We now enter the south, first to Virginia Beach and then to North Carolina. I am feeling a bit regionalist, with a sever bias against the south and whatever it may have to offer. But as I've always said, there's no better way to get over severe prejudice than to see how the other half lives. Actually, I've never said anything like that, but it sounds nice. See you in Jena, Louisiana.

 

xoxo y'all… 

No comments: